Tour Of California
Bicycle Race down the coasts of California.
Sunday Feb. 26th - San Francisco (First Day)
It was a beautiful day, sun was out and their were a lot of people around. Well there always is a lot of people just walking around in SF. I was on my Segway for about an hour before this annoying alarm went off on it and completely turned off. I had it set up as a print station for the rest of the trip till I could get it to my boss to fix. When the event ended at 4:30pm we packed up and drove to our next location. Santa Rosa.
Monday - Santa Rosa
We stayed in the Best Western Hotel. The only good thing about this hotel was the wireless internet. 7am Drove to the next set up - parked and got to work. People love Segways. You hear them walk by and all you really hear is the word “Segway”. “Blah blah blah blah Segway, Blah blah blah.”. haha. Jason and I joked about it a lot. It made the day pass by. They had BMX stunt bikers jumping ramps and free-styling right across from our set up. It was really cool to watch.
Tuesday - Sacramento
Set up in front of the State Capitol. I tried to get the Segway up the curb. Jason said I could make it, and like a fool I believed him - although he believe I really could have. I went down face first flipping over the handles of the Segway. All I could hear was people asking me if I was ok. The only damage I had was a road burn on the palm of my hand. I was more worried about all the equipment on the Segway. Over a 1,000 dollars worth of equipment on that machine Not Including the Segway itself. My contact was on the phone with my boss when I fell. He was relying everything to her as it was happening. Fun.
Wednesday- San Jose
A day to rest and be home. It was a short rest then I was off to S.L.O.
Thursday - San Luis Obispo
It poured the whole day, my boss called and said I had the day off. We couldn’t use the Segways in the rain. There was massive flooding - so we drove to our next destination which was Lompac. A military town kinda out in the middle of no where. And about an 45 mins away from where we needed to be which was the city of Solvang. We stayed in a Holiday Inn Express. Which I must say is an awesome hotel. Free Wi-Fi, breakfast in the mornings and milk and cookies every night. Just awesome.
Friday - Solvang
This was a cool little town. In the state of California - a lot of the town/cities are Spanish named and Spanish style history. Solvang is a Dutch town. So the town was all wood and cottage looking, with windmills and Finland style building. Very cool. I called it the Viking Town - cause it just reminded me of Vikings. Haha. It was a nice day there too. No rain. A little windy though.
Saturday - Santa Clarita
Got a little lost on the way here. I didn’t realize how big Ventura actually was. The only time I was actually in this city was late at night and I wasn’t driving. . . . I wasn’t driving this time either - but I was still completely backwards. I called my aunt for directions. Turns out we didn’t drive far enough. We finally found our hotel, The Hampton Inn. Ate at Outback Steak House. Yum. And started the event again the next morning. Yet another sunny day. Very nice. Jason got some cool shots of the BMX riders doing front flips over two people on the ramp. The free-style rider jump of six people on the ground and got a couple of them doing “Supermans” were they pull the bike in front of them, grab the seat and let it pull them. Making it look like Superman flying. Pretty hard thing to do and land it safely.
Sunday - Long Beach (Last Day)
Really windy, it actually started out sunny but then rained a little. I had someone from the Long Beach Segway place come pick up the broken Segway after the event was over. Then drove to Hollywood (through Oscar taffic thank you very much!).
Met my boss, Krystal for the first time after. She had me and Jason take a huge truck and trailer back up north for her. We stayed in the Sheraton Hotel in Universal City and walked around City Walk for a while before calling it a night.
Monday Morning - Drove back home. Turned in the rental car, dropped off the Truck and Trailer at my house and load in all the Segways into my Mountaineer and drive to the HP Pavilion Arena by 4:30pm for the San Jose Sharks Hockey game. I was a bit stress and it started to pour down rain on me. That didn’t make my mood any better. After everything was inside up and running I was calmer. But I had to move my HP truck to some other parking lot cause the people are stupid there. You’d think if I have a HP logo’d car at the HP arena that they’d give me a parking pass or something. But no. I have to fend for myself with parking. Which is completely lame. And it’s a bad area so I get kinda scared walking alone in the dark ally‘s. I need pepper spray or something.
At the end of the night on the way home, I realized that I had lost my wallet in the mist of running around. I started to cry. Jason came to help me look for it in the two cars I had been jumping in and out of for the passed week. Nothing. But Jason did find BOTH my bank car and my new company credit card. Which actually made me feel tons better. I was really upset about the thought of losing the brand new company credit card. I don’t want to look like a flake to my new boss. I need to be more responsible.
Let me just say, as of now - I’m a bit overwhelmed. But things should be calmer this coming months. Hopefully.
iBree Videos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment